Church of St. George in Kurbinovo
ABOUT THE TREASURE
The church is situated 2 kilometers north of the village of Kurbinovo, in the vicinity of Prespa Lake. The frescoes of this small, one-nave building are among the most significant works of the Byzantine style of the 12th century. According to the inscription in the alter space the church was decorated in 1191 by at least three painters. Following the tendencies of the wall paintings of Nerezi (near Skopje), the painters of Kurbinovo insisted on the emphasized graphics’ performed with a waving line and by swirling the slim figures. Among the portraits of popular saints are the following: St. Cyril and Methodius, St. Clement of Ohrid and St. Achilles of Larissa.
Total: 1 points!