Church of St. Demetrius, Bitola
ABOUT THE TREASURE
The church is situated in the center of the town of Bitola. It is three-nave building, erected in 1833 on the foundations of smaller church from the 18th century. In the 18th and the 19th centuries this church was the seat of the Pelagonian Metropolitans. This cathedral is well known for its wood carved iconostasis and the icons collection from the older church, exposed on the lateral sections of the upper gallery of the church. A great part of those icons are painted by the best students of the famous painter of the 18th century, David of Selenica ( Albania).
Total: 1 points!