Basics about the website
On this page you'll find technical information about how the website works and what you might need to set up in order to make it work properly. The website will be used by different people, with different computers, and we made our best to make it look the same way for all of them.
The website "Treasure Quest" is optimised for the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer, version 6 or higher
- Mozilla, version 1.7 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox, version 1.5 or higher
- Opera, version 8 or higher
Older browser versions, as well as text browsers display the entire website content, but might display partially the formatting and the illustrations of the website.
To use all the website features, your browser must use the following:
- CSS - used for positioning of the website elements, as well as entirely formatting the content.
You can switch on these features from your Browsers Preferences / Options.
The website is optimised for screen resolution 1024/768 dots per inch (dpi) - about 75% of the people use this screen resolution or higher. If your computer is set up to use lower than this resolution, you will not be able to see the big images in the website without the help of the horizontal scroll of your browser. You can change the screen resolution from the Control Panel, in section Display Settings - its name can be different depending on what operating system you computer uses.
All texts in the website are optimised for reading by children between 6 and 14 years of age. You can change the font size from the View menu of your browser.
The website does not collect any personal data. In order to use some gaming capabilities and bonuses, your browser must allow the following::
- Session Cookies - allows collecting points by when visiting different places in the website.
- Cookies - allows the treasures found to be remembered for your next visit of the website.
To use entirely the website content, models, mao, games, etc., you must have the following plug-ins installed on your computer:
- Flash Player - for most of the website illustrations, games, and the interactive map. You can download the latest version here.
- Quick Time Player - for displayng 3D panoramas and movies. You can downlaod the latest version here.
- VRML Viewer - for displaying interactive 3D models (Virtual Worlds). You can download the latest version here.